Tuesday, March 10, 2015

North vs South: Civil War Infographic

Before the Civil War, the North and the South had continuous conflict over slavery and slave laws. The war was started to end the fight over slavery once and for all, and we know that the anti-slavery North was victorious. I chose specific statistics and facts for my Infographic because I wanted to show the advantages the North had in the war, and why their strategy was so successful.
I chose to include charts that show the railroad mileage and factories that the North had because they contributed to the North’s ability to easily supply food and materials to their troops during the war. The reason I didn’t include any graphs or charts to show statistics for the South is because they didn’t really have many strong advantages. The North was the one with clear leverage in the war. Also, I included the sections about each sides strategies because it shows how the North won the war. They had a stronger plan, even though the South seemed to have stronger motivation.

The process of creating this Infographic really helped me to learn about the situations faced by the Union and Confederacy at the start of the war. I looked over the information many times, and picked out the important facts and statistics to help explain the strategies, motivations, and advantages of both the North and South at the start of the Civil War.

No comments:

Post a Comment